Why visit Turkey
Turkey draws thousands of travellers each year thanks to its beautiful beaches, but there’s plenty more to discover beyond those attractive coastal resorts. Here’s a selection of the country’s must-sees.
- Spend time in fabulous Istanbul, the vibrant city straddling the shores of the Bosphorus, where Europe meets Asia.
- View Cappadocia’s curious fairy chimneys - a unique and fascinating landscape to explore on foot or from a hot air balloon.
- Experience the white travertine terraces of Pamukkale, a dazzling natural wonder created from the mineral deposits left by thermal springs.
- Tour historic Ephesus, the sprawling ancient ruins where the apostle Paul once preached, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Gaze out over breathtaking Lake Van, Turkey’s largest body of water, framed by snow-capped mountains and a highlight of the remote south east of the country.
- Pay your respects at Gallipoli’s memorials and cemeteries to those who paid the ultimate price in one of the most fiercely contested battles of World War One.
- Relax in the warm waters and on the glorious beaches of the Turquoise Coast, the country’s most dramatic stretch of coastline.
- Sample Turkish culture as you bathe in a hammam, cheer on the country’s famous oil wrestlers or take your seat to watch the mesmerising Whirling Dervishes.