About Best of Caucasus Travel Experts
Have you ever considered a visit to the beautiful Caucasus region? Straddling Eastern Europe and Western Asia, let us help you plan an unforgettable sojourn and get off the beaten track. We invite you to travel to Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan.
OUR STORYOur Caucasus tours form part of GR Travel Group Limited. We’re a UK-based tour operator who specialises in trips to Russia and the countries which surround it. Looking to expand our range of destinations, comments and feedback from our existing customers led us to branch off into the Caucasus nations of Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan. These three nations are as different as they are complementary and a tour to this richly rewarding locale will be one, which you will remember long after you return home. From the lofty monasteries and archaeological ruins nestled in craggy volcanic landscapes and impossibly steep gorges, the built landscape has become a part of the area’s natural beauty. It was just too good to resist and our tours to Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan were born!
Though packed with UNESCO World Heritage Sites and some would say boasting an unrivalled natural beauty, this region lacks the big names that characterise some of the other areas we feature. There’s no Great Wall of China or Red Square, for instance. But don’t let that put you off - that absence means a lack of crowds too. There are few parts of the world where you can wander among such a vast range of ancient monuments or stroll through impossibly picturesque countryside free from the bustle and intrusion that mass tourism brings. If you’ve ever wished that you could visit somewhere before everyone else finds out about it, then this is a good place to start. To cap it off, this is a region renowned for its exceptional hospitality and you’ll be welcomed with open arms to begin your discovery.
Your booking and travel convenience
As we deal with our customers, the underlying principle which guides us is that you are planning a holiday and therefore we need to make the experience as stress-free as possible. We believe you should be free to enjoy your holiday without hassle, enabling you to relax and enjoy the places you visit while on tour with us.
Upon booking your holiday to Georgia, trip to Armenia or a tour to Azerbaijan, you’ll be assigned a personal travel consultant who will be on hand to guide you through any pre-trip formalities and offer a continuity of attention. We’ll take care of everything from transfers, excursions and visa arrangements if applicable and ensure that tours have the right balance of sightseeing and down time to ensure you’re not too tired to enjoy your surroundings. While you’re away, our 24/7 hotline gives you confidence should you encounter a problem.
We’ve committed to reducing the amount of paper we generate and so streamline the booking process for our customers. You’ll have access to a secure online area where you will be able to log on to view bookings as well as make payments and download travel documents. This isn’t just about convenience - it’s also about helping you to stay well informed.
WHY TRAVEL TO CAUCASUS WITH USHere’s why we think you should book your next holiday to Georgia, Armenia or Azerbaijan with us:
- Your comfort is our priority: slow paced holidays. The point of being on holiday is to rest and recharge your batteries, so the last thing you want is to be unpacking and repacking your bags each day. We understand that you want to enjoy your sightseeing at an unhurried pace, so we design every tour with your comfort in mind. Driving is kept to a minimum, using air-conditioned vehicles, and we show distances on the itinerary so that you know what to expect before you book. We aim to avoid one night stops where practical and offer half board meals in traditional restaurants (including on arrival day) to take away the stress of finding somewhere to eat yourself. Bottled water is supplied during the tour.
- High standards of accommodation. A hotel should be memorable for the right reasons, so we don’t use cheap accommodation or hostels, nor will we book you into guesthouses or homestays. Instead, we select the best three and four star hotels available to ensure that you have a comfortable base during your stay and a decent night’s sleep. All the hotels we feature have consistently great customer reviews. We offer centrally located hotels and where available, they’ll have a fitness centre, swimming pool and spa.
- Carefully designed itineraries. Each and every tour on our programme has been designed and tested by our in-house staff. The carefully curated itinerary we offer you isn’t a rehash of someone else’s tour - our travel consultants have personally visited all the countries where we offer holidays and as such we can advise on all aspects of any tour. Though we’re proud of our group tours, we realise that sometimes our customers have specific preferences or needs and are happy to create bespoke itineraries. There’s a variety of tours in each country and we can also combine tours if you’d like to add two together.
- Authentic guided programmes. We know the places we offer well, but we also know that there are those who know them even better, so we hire professional local guides to enhance your tour experience. Daily sightseeing is conducted in English and all entrance fees are included. Where possible, our itineraries feature the kind of activities that really help you to get to know a place. So you can expect traditional folk music performances, visits to local families, the chance to make lavash bread in Armenia or to experience one of Georgia’s legendary dinners, known as supras. However, we don’t forget that branching out and doing your own thing is important, so in the evenings, there’s free time built in so that you can explore on your own.
- Small groups focus. Travelling as a large coach party can be frustrating - it’s time consuming to get everyone on and off the bus, and no one wants to be standing so far away from a tour guide that they can’t hear the commentary. For that reason, we limit our group sizes. If we find that there are too many people, we split the group, simple as that. Our average group size is just eight people, and your tour experience will be all the better for that.
- Your peace of mind. All our departure dates are guaranteed and all our tours are ATOL protected. As a UK-based tour operator with a 24/7 emergency hotline, you can relax knowing that your booking and the money you’ve spent is safe with us.
- Great customer reviews. We’re proud to say that our customers give us consistently high feedback. You can take a look on Google and Tripadvisor to read some of those reviews for yourself. But we’re never complacent. We value our customers’ feedback and use it to ensure that we maintain those high standards.