Few travellers these days are willing to take the risk of taking a trip without insurance and we require all our tour participants to have adequate cover as part of our booking conditions. Such cover must as a minimum include emergency medical expenses, personal accident and repatriation, but we also recommend choosing a policy with baggage, personal liability and cancellation cover.
We advise purchasing your travel insurance at the time of booking in order for you to take advantage of pre-departure cancellation cover. In the event of you needing to cancel your trip for an insured reason, such as illness or serious accident which prevents you from travelling, you will be able to secure a refund of monies paid.
Should you wish us to arrange insurance on your behalf, we have teamed up with Columbus Direct travel insurance and have a range of policies from which to choose. Travel insurance is available to people resident in over 45 countries (including UK and other EU countries, Australia, New Zealand, etc.) with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities. Age limit is 85 years.
COVID COVERColumbus policies include the following cover for coronavirus (COVID-19):
Before you travel
- Cancelling your trip if you fall ill with COVID-19 before you travel, provided you test positive within 14 days of the start of your trip.
- Cancelling your trip if your immediate relative, travelling companion or any person you are intending on staying with falls ill with COVID-19 before you are due to travel, provided they test positive within 14 days of the start of your trip.
- Curtailment if you test positive for COVID-19 at you departure point and are not allowed to go on your trip.
- Missed departure if you show symptoms of COVID-19 at your departure point and miss your flight due to a health check. You would also be covered if you subsequently test negative and incur additional costs to get you to your destination.
- Curtailment if you test positive whilst abroad and are not allowed to continue your trip or are quarantined.
- Emergency medical treatment including getting you home if you fall ill with COVID-19 while travelling.
- Cutting short your trip if a close relative falls ill with COVID-19, provided they had not been diagnosed with COVID-19 at the time of travelling.